Sunday, March 25, 2012

WIP: 1/144 NG G Gundam (Part 5)



In less than a week, I've finally completed the 1/144th scale No Grade God Gundam.  Besides the painting, the hard part was waiting for everything to dry.  But because I often didn't add thinner to the paint used, the finished surface didn't smooth out as neatly as I wanted, thus having to work on the same parts multiple times.  Another gripe is that I tried to shade the shiny yellow God Finger with runny orange paint and wound up with a muddy finish.  But that didn't annoy me nearly as much as when I finally attached the spikes to the forearm guards, which I almost couldn't do after over-priming the spikes weeks earlier.  Nonetheless, the kit is complete and I moved on to my favorite part of the process.  So without further ado . . .

LET'S GO GUNDAM FORCE!


Form feet and legs!


Form arms and torso!




I'll form the HEAD!




If wooden swords work for other anime shows, it can work for Gundam.




All things considered, I've learned a lot from building this kit, and you can't argue with the results (especially when you're taking photos with lots of lighting and where small errors don't show).  I'll get started on my MAC Forums project as soon as I review God Gundam.  But even that will have to wait, since I'll be joining my family on a small vacation.  At least I'm leaving this for you, the viewer, before I go.  Until next time . . .


I'm posting this pic on this particular blog to see how many views it gets.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty Gundam Girls are Pretty!

    Nicely done on the G Gundam! Looks good, can't wait to see some close ups of the work.

    ReplyDelete