Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Guess What! (9)

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I've spent the time between my last post and this one selling my stuff online for some much-needed money.  And by 'my stuff', I mean most of my Gundam merchandise--including my unbuilt Mobile Flat, Jenice and 7-Eleven Zaku models.  However, as I reluctantly thinned out my collection, I found myself expanding it at the same time.




To get rid of the paint that rubbing alcohol and scrubbing couldn't get out, I crammed a bunch of parts from my Heavyarms Custom into a jar of enamel thinner and let 'em soak for a day.  Not only did the thinner turn blue, but the parts became soft and brittle.  Looking back, I should've dipped a piece of Epyon first, which I'll be doing from now on.




Having already gone against my philosophy of not buying Gunpla I've haven't built myself, I bought another Heavyarms to take the parts I need.  While I was at it . . .




I bought another 1/144 Tallgeese to gather parts for my Leo Type IV, and wound up with a Wing Gundam and an Altron.  All 3 were released in 1995 and each sold at retail for 500 yen.




The models retain most of their parts.  Epyon's wings and a shield from a Gundam action figure were added for some reason.  I only need Tallgeese, but now that I've got Wing and Altron I'll fix 'em up the way I'm fixin' up Heavyarms and Sandrock.  You'll see either that or Leo IV in my next post.

Until then, I'm rewatching G Gundam; forgot whether the Shining Finger is Domon's only special move.

1 comment:

  1. Instead of dipping plastic models in thinner, try using "Purple Power". You can find it at any auto parts store. It will remove paint but won't damage plastic at all. IT WILL DAMAGE SKIN THOUGH so be very careful and use pliers to remove parts. I just get a tuperware container and fill it up with Purple Power and let the parts soak for a day or two, then rinse them in the sink with lukewarm water. Any paint that is left can be removed using an old toothbrush.

    ReplyDelete