Monday, February 10, 2014

Project V (Part 1)

If I learned anything from these past few days is that if something's important to you, you make time for it.  With that said, I really want to see this Gunpla project through to the end, though it'll still take time considering all the other hobbies I've fallen behind on (I'm still reading The Girl Who Played with Fire after a year!).  I'm already looking up how I can spruce up my 2 Victory Gundam mechs.  But for now, let's prepare for when they're eventually painted.




I started with the Zoloat, my favorite of the two.  I took my own sponge (cuz using the one from the kitchen sink would be gross) along with some dishwasher soap and gave the runners a good rubdown.  Then I rinsed out the parts with water and laid them out to dry.




I've tried to do the same for some plastic cards and signs I've saved up so that I can customize the Gunpla with the bits and pieces.  But the only thing I have that can strip the ink and printing is a bottle of nail polish remover.  Up till now I've avoided using it cuz the acetone it contains can melt plastic, but I'm already working with limited resources.  So I tried it and so far the results are mixed.




Remember when I mentioned the V Gundam models have their own unique method of assembly?  Course you don't.  Notice how these 2 runners share the same shape and their parts seem symmetric to each other?  Actually one big runner, I've split it in 2, intending to press both halves together via the instructions.  But before going that far . . .




I cut out the soft plastic polycap with ball joints connecting both the head and arms and stick it in one half of the torso . . .




And then pressed both runners together, assembling the head, torso, shins at the same time.  Took some work to separate 'em from the runner, though.




I moved on to construct the rest of the torso, and the backpack (not pictured).




Along with the shoulder armor . . .




And the arms . . .




And the legs . . .







And we're done.  The last 2 pics show the Zoloat with its arsenal and perched on its display base.  Behind it is that scenic trading card with a base of its own.  Not the best concept Bandai ever dreamt up, but at least the model itself gets its very own base.




 And now I move on the Javelin, following all the procedures I've set up for the Zoloat.




Here's a shot of Javelin's backpack, which holsters a pair of missile-like weapons called Shot Lancers.  I almost forgot to add a handle for Javelin to grab onto the Lancers for added acceleration.  Skip the next few steps . . .






And we're done.




Though they seem to hold up better than most of my other NG's, I've still got my nitpicks, which will be covered in my reviews.  Also look out for my next entry for this project.  Until next time, I'm saving up for a can of Purple Power.