Sunday, August 28, 2011

Me, Myself & Irene

Over the past 2 weeks, I've taken time off from my Leo IV project to reconsider what more I wanna do and what I could do differently (though most of that time was squandered on my anime/movie/AMV addiction).  This weekend was spent in preparation for Hurricane Irene; buying supplies, stuffing my windows with shopping bags and gathering plastic containers when the windows leaked the ugliest looking water I've ever seen.  After a heavy rainstorm, the damage was little more than light water stains.  Now that I suddenly have even more time on my hands, I'll continue working on Type IV and I hope to finish the torso sometime this year.


Looking at this pic, I have a pretty good idea of how I want to complete Leo's upper body.  Once the waist area and the headcrest are taken care of, I'll glue both halves of the torso together but keep the seam line running down the sides (Center).  Next I'll drill 4 tiny holes in each corner of the back to accommodate metal pins (Left).  And finally I'll scribe panel lines like those shown here.  But for now . . .


I have to clean up the waist area after just sawing off the excess plastic.  That pink area on the left part is a dry piece of Tamiya putty that will be used to help sculpt the waist and fill in areas that are cut too deep.  I had this putty since '06, so I was gonna throw it away when I bought a new tube.  But then I discovered that I can still use the old putty as a sort of modeling clay.


Here's Leo's chest squeezed onto Tallgeese's torso.  As you can see, the chest doesn't go all the way in, stressing the need for further modification.  I thought about drilling into the chest to fit the peg on the torso, but now I'm thinking of just trimming down the peg itself, though I'd still have to work on that waist.

I have more ideas, but I don't wanna drag this out anymore.  Stay tuned for my next official WIP post and other news.  Until next time, break's over.  Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment