Saturday, September 17, 2011

Guess What I Got Today!

By now you've probably realized that I've been as stagnant with my latest project as the Earth Federation during a war (Gundam joke).  This realization takes me back to my freshman year in high school.  In my English class, we would write something, anything in our notebook for a few minutes before the day's class was officially in session.  Whenever we started something we couldn't finish, the teacher encouraged us to start something else, as long as we kept on writin.'

In pretty much the same fashion, whenever Gunpla builders are stuck on something, they usually have another model or two lying around so they could work on a new project until they're ready to finish the old one.  I usually avoid this method for two reasons: First, I didn't like spending money on anything that could wind up collecting dust under my bed and second, I didn't have the money to begin with.  Once I did, however, I decided to buy at least two models to tie me over.  But which would I get?

For a while I've noticed that whenever someone has a favorite mobile suit, they build every model based off it.  Prime92, for example, is crazy about Gundam Exia:


And 2Old4Toys is just mad about the original RX-78-2:


For me, it was quite simple:


Though I've already built the second version of the SD God Gundam, I'll start with its older counterpart (Left).  Then I'll work on the 1/144 NG version (Right) before moving on to the HG version.  From there, I just might buy and build every model based on God Gundam (except maybe the MG Hyper Mode version and the MG kit with the clear leg cause they're basically the same).

If I do go through with this, it'll be on top of all the other Gunpla projects I've already planned.  For now, stayed tuned for my first WIP post on the SD G Gundam.  Until then, I best get started.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, great blog you have here! I also noticed you have quite a rare item on ya, i'm from brazil and i'm hunting down a couple of kits i can't find anywhere... i'm not crazy to pay super-expensive prices for those, but as a builder and a collector, i really want a few kits, like the 1/144 Leo from gundam wing you have, you mentioned it was a recent buy... could you care to help a fellow Gunpla fan out and drop me a line on where i can buy one of these kits? It would be much appreciated!

    you can find @ ricardoaraujo@dr.com

    thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get all my kits from eBay, and it's really the only place where you can find kits like the Leo. But it's very hard to came by. Maybe you can get the new resin Leo from B-Club.

    ReplyDelete