Tuesday, September 27, 2011

WIP: SD G-Gundam (Intro)

In my last post, I've bought 2 Gunpla kits to tie me over during my hiatus from my Leo IV project.  They would also be the second and third Gunpla in the God Gundam model kit collection I'm planning.


If you didn't know already, it started with the SD G Gundam (as it's often been called), released way back in 2002 and sold for 600 Japanese yen.  The third completed model in my collection (and the first that I fully painted), it was also the first--and still the best--SD kit in my possession.  But it's not the first SD kit based on G Gundam, which is what this and the next few posts will cover.


Released in 1999 and sold for 500 yen, the original SD G Gundam was actually based on the "SD Generation" series of video games based on the Gundam franchise.


Here are all the runners, the polycaps, the stickers and the instruction booklet for the kit.  Molded in 5 colors, the model itself would need a lot painting to look anything like the box art.  But because this is a break from a bigger project, I'll just build the model and paint what needs painting as I go along.  No, I won't be using the stickers.  And no, there are no missing parts; Bandai just left those empty spaces on the runners.

Due to a series of unforeseen events, posting this WIP is taking longer than I expected.  So I'll stop here.  Join me next time to see how far along I am with this thing.  Until then . . .

OK, I've got nothin.'

No comments:

Post a Comment