Monday, October 10, 2011

WIP: SD G-Gundam (Part 2)

For an SD kit I'm building straight out of the box, it's sure taking a while to finish.  When I'm not busier than usual during the week, I'm reading, watching TV and websurfing between paint jobs.  That and following discussions concerning the premiere of Gundam AGE makes for a weekend full of distractions.  But the project itself is coming along nicely, despite having to paint dark plastic parts in lighter colors.  Here's what I've got so far:



Front and back of the completed head

Both arms

The chest

The torso

One of 2 chest pieces included for the chest


And finally, the Core Lander that attaches to G Gundam's back.

Though it's too bright to see, I painted the thrusters chrome silver with a coat of clear yellow.

And there you have it.  Though I don't have pics of it, I also painted and detailed the 2 beam swords included with the model.  I'll try working on the other parts during the week so that I'd wrap things up by this weekend.  I'm also expecting something new in the mail, so stay tuned for that.  Until next time, does anybody else have the AGE theme song stuck in their head?

No comments:

Post a Comment