Saturday, October 22, 2011

Guess What I Got Today! (2)

In this second edition of Guess . . ., I present to you a special package I've been expecting for weeks after its arrival to my state from Kyoto, Japan.  Opening the box and sifting through crumpled-up ads of toy trains, bento box lunches, and "Evangelion Christmas Cake," I finally uncovered . . .

The 1/144 HGUC Char's Zaku II (7 Eleven Colors)

As with all the other Gunpla I couldn't get locally, I snagged this at an eBay auction.  Though it originally sold for 1300 yen ($15.00), this set me back $50.  But getting it any cheaper would've meant flying to Japan, driving to the nearest 7 Eleven that had the kit in stock, and buying it along with a chili dog, wasabi chips and a ginseng soda.  So this was actually a bargain.  Though I already have Char's original Zaku, it remains the most versatile kit in my collection and I didn't mind having another like it.  This is what the Red Comet himself would pilot if he worked at a convenience store; then maybe I'd get my food 3 times faster!

Here are pics of the sides of the box:




Here's what's inside:


As though predicting the hassles that would befall getting my hands on this model, the seller was generous enough to throw in a thank-you note, along with a few extra treats:

Two bagged snacks, a Pokemon puzzle with gum and a cute origami bird.

Whether I'll paint the Zaku as I build it remains to be seen.  Till that day comes, I owe you an SD, an NG and a kitbash, so stay tuned for those.  Until next time, Oh Thank Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment