The yellow spikes that go on the forearm guards had holes underneath, so I filled those up with putty and sanded them before painting them. While I was at it, I also painted the kit's second detachable chestpiece.
Once the spikes dried, I decided to combine the kit's main parts so . . .
Let's go, Gundam Force!
Form feet and . . . oh.
Form arms and torso!
I'll form the head!
Here's where my second excuse for the delay comes in.
Featured with the other runners shown in the first WIP, this has a spare arm and hand for God Gundam's Bakunetsu God Finger (Erupting Burning Finger in G Gundam's English dub). The parts that were snipped off were the 'core' for the chestpiece (1st pic) and the cockpit for the Core Lander.
So I filled in the hand and arm with Testors' contour putty and Tamiya's basic putty respectively. At the time, the Tamiya putty squeezed out the wrong end of the tube and I threw it away. I had it since '06 at least, but it was a week later after I discovered that the putty had caused the arm to melt. And I wound up squeezing it out of shape while sanding! Until I can fix the arm, I'm not sure if I'll go ahead with reviewing the kit cuz God Gundam without the God Finger is like Superman without the S. But I've started working on the 1/144 NG God Gundam so expect that in my next post. Until then, I'm off to the beta battlefield.