Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Guess What I Got Today! (4)

For the past few weeks, the source of any "Does GSlayer1 ever finish anything?" jokes has been my entry into the world of online selling.  What started as a means of financing my future Gunpla projects and clearing storage space has become my latest cyber obsession.  Without further ado, here's the first kit bought with my earnings, which won't see the light of day again for the next few months.



From Turn A Gundam, creator Yoshiyuki Tomino's swansong to the franchise, comes the 1/144 scale Mobile FLAT mobile suit.  While the mechs from that show are 'different' and not for everyone, "High Heel's" use of its "hyper vibration" tech for offense and defense makes it a formidable opponent for the hero.



Sealed in their plastic bags, the kit includes 3 runners and a set of gray polycaps.  But what surprised me was that the FLAT's 3 orange parts are much brighter than what I've seen in web pics and YouTube videos.



Here's a shot of the third runner and the instruction booklet which, of course, is the last you'll see of this kit for a looong time.  Now if I can cross 2 more off my list, I should be good for the rest of the year, and probably a few weeks after.  In other news . . .



I've started working on my 1/144 NG G Gundam again.  I gave the priming another go and the results were much better than the last time.  A lil' bit of sanding and these parts should be painted and detailed by next week.  Because the details on the beam sword have been inadvertently erased, I might come at it with painting techniques I picked up from Joe's Gunpla a few months back.

And so ends this post.  Pass judgement on its delay if you wish.  But unless you know the feeling of holding a vintage action figure in one hand and guiding the cursor to the 'List your item' button with the other, you'd never understand.  Anyway, until next time, I guess I'll go check on my auctions.

No comments:

Post a Comment